Come meet the Husch Blackwell Renewable Energy team at the Infocast Wind Power Finance & Investment Summit in San Diego from February 4-6. John Crossley will be moderating a panel on Thursday, 11:45 am – 12:30 pm, titled Where Is the Sponsor Equity Market Headed?
Also appearing on the panel are:
- Brian Callaway, VP, M&A and Structured Finance, SPOWER
- Sandhya Ganapathy, Corporate Head of Investments and M&A, EDP RENEWABLES
- Andrew Gongaware, Managing Director, Global Investment Banking – Infrastructure & Power, CIBC CAPITAL MARKETS’
- Jeff Muir, Vice President, MACQUARIE CAPITAL GREEN INVESTMENT GROUP
- Kathryn Rasmussen, Principal, CAPITAL DYNAMICS
The panel will discuss how the sponsor equity market continues to evolve and may evolve more significantly during the phase down and post-PTC period. This session will look at what is taking place in the sponsor equity market and then assess its future outlook and what it may mean for the financing landscape.
- Forecasts and Reality: valuations/underwriting/returns: are key assumption drivers changing? Are investors hitting the returns with actual performance vs expectations? Are residuals a consideration beyond 25 years?
- How are cash equity investors assessing the risk of projects that have PPAs with basis risk?
- Role of pension fund investment in operating fleets, will shorter duration offtake arrangements slow or reverse the trend in institutional fund ownership?
- Will industry consolidation—and consequent reduction of projects being sold—lead longterm owners taking on development?
- What is the expectation for new owners to enter the market when tax equity partnerships are longer needed post-PTC?